Signs that your child loves you
Babycenter have a list of signs that your child loves you.
- Your newborn stares into your eyes — she’s actually working hard to memorize your face. She doesn’t understand anything else about the world, but she knows you’re important.
- Your baby thinks about you even when you’re not around. Between 8 and 12 months old, she’ll start to scrunch her face and look around when you leave the room — and she’ll smile when you return.
- Your toddler throws wicked tantrums. Nope, those screaming fits don’t mean she’s stopped loving you. She wouldn’t be so hurt and angry if she didn’t trust you so deeply.
- Your toddler runs to you for comfort when she falls down or feels sad. Kids this age may not truly understand the meaning of “I love you,” but their actions speak louder than words.
- Your preschooler gives you a flower picked from the garden, a finger-painted heart, a sparkly rock, or another gift.
- Your preschooler wants your approval. She’ll start to be more cooperative around the house, and she’ll look for chances to impress. “Look at me!” will become a catchphrase.
- Your grade-schooler trusts you with secrets, like her first crush or her most embarrassing moment. You’re her confidante, even if she shies away from your hugs in public.